Covid 19 Vaccinations
As this past year has been a challenging time for everyone, we would like to extend our thanks to all who are registered at Meddygfa Sarn for their patience in awaiting the rollout of the Covid-19 vaccine. Although we are still in the early stages of this vaccination programme, attendance at the clinics and compliance with social distancing has been excellent.
Covid 19 Vaccine Q and A
Most frequently asked questions and answers
What will the vaccine do?
What are the side effects of the vaccine?
Like all medicines, vaccines can cause side effects. These are usually mild and only last a few days, and not everyone gets them. Very common side effects include:
• having a painful heavy feeling and tenderness in the arm after the injection for several days after the vaccine
• feeling tired
• a headache
• general aches, or mild flu-like symptoms
When will I be able to have the vaccine?
The Covid-19 vaccine priority list is as follows:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over